Sunday, August 2, 2009

Is it Just Me?

In the midst of my complete and total breakdown of my anticipated move, I was listening to the television and another pill commerical came on. After listening to a brief spill about the disease it treated and the benefits...then came the side effects. Let's see...diaherra, dry mouth, low sperm count, irregular heart beat, kidney failure, loss of appetite, loss of hair, headaches, gas, death...blah blah blah.

I listened to all of that and I wonder, what the hell? I know that we are practicing better living through pharmaceuticals but is it really worth it? I am sure that the symptons may be rare, but with my luck I will get everything but the death so I will be suffering from all the side effects just so that my nose will stop running because of my allergies!

This reminds me of a cost / benefit analysis. Will the cost out weigh the benefits and by how much?

Americans are living longer, but boy are we suffering!

No comments:

Post a Comment