Friday, August 20, 2010

New stuff and new ideas...well not that new...

I have been creating dog collars and leashes for about five years now and it has been a blast. I have created some hits and some misses, but the most important lesson that I have learned is: no one will know either if I don't show it.

Here is what I mean...I have made some gorgeous designs that incorporate woven bead designs, Swarovski CRYSTALLIZED(tm) components, trims, bobbles, jewelry chunks, and feathers. My mea culpa is failing to take pictures of my work to showcase for later reference and design ideas for my clients (dangblasted!). So, when I surf the net and see folks using their noodle by actually creating gorgeous collars and taking pictures of their art...I just want to kick myself!

I do follow trends, I keep a list of collar designer whom I just LURVE their work, and I do my best to design collars and leashes that fit dog personalities and style.

So, with my new found sense of placement I will be doing some serious designing and serious picture taking. I think it is high time that folks know me and what I can do with a little fabric, trim, and a kick ass sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment